We offer a wide range of hunting and non-hunting experiences. Our hunting experiences range from novice to expert, trophy hunting to culls, rifle to bow hunting. We are able to fit the clients needs. At Huntershill Safaris we also offer a variety of things to do if you bring non-hunters or would like to see the surrounding areas.
On the Property
- We offer game drives free of charge for you to view all the animals, we also have big cat breeding programs where we have lions, tigers, cheetahs, hyenas and wild dogs. We allow guests to watch them get fed, it is a once in a life time opportunity to see them so close and in action.
- For those who want to get their hearts pumping we have bushmen paintings and caves to explore on the farm. We are truly fortunate to have such an important part of South Africa’s history right on our door steps.
- We do understand that the trip over here and the strenuous hunting can take a toll on our bodies, we have a massage therapist that comes to the property to give our clients truly amazing massages
- We offer shopping trips to explore the local surrounding towns.
- We also offer trips to the Addo Elephant Park.
The team at Huntershill are committed in making a difference in the local community. We strongly believe the only way South Africa will grow from strength to strength is if we focus on education. Education is the key to ending poverty. We have partnered up with local schools and with our clients help we are able to make a bigger difference.
These schools rely on help from private donors as they receive no help from government funding. If you are able and willing to get involved please get in touch with us. Every pencil, book, ruler or eraser makes a difference in a child’s life.
If this is something that interests you, we arrange school visits and drop off free of charge during your safari.
On Wildschutsberg we have a number of San (Bushman) rock paintings. Some of these have been painstakingly copied onto canvas and these hang in the lodge. We can arrange a visit to the paintings - it's a short drive an then a hike/climb, not too difficult.
If you’re interested in art and South Africa’s rich rock art heritage, time well spent would be a visit to Sewefontein Gallery and Studio.
Author of two books and international artist, Stephen Townley Bassett has spent most of his life working closely with San artists and academics. Today he is a specialist in ancient pigment, paint and implement making. His millimetre accurate, life size recordings of rock art are painstakingly rendered using natural pigments and materials collected in the field.